They say that moving is one of the most stressful things you’ll do in life.
At Trylon Montreal, we make apartment living easy which is why we’ve put together the ultimate apartment essentials checklist.
While we’re not offering to help move boxes (lift with your knees!), we can help ease the stress. Depending on which of our apartments you’ve chosen, not everything on the checklist will apply. Those moving into fully furnished Pine Avenue apartments are unlikely to need a bed but will still need to pack shampoo!
Consider your new space and use this checklist as a guide to packing and a reminder of things you’re likely to forget. Broken down into key areas for easy access, this is your everything checklist for apartment essentials.
- saucepans, frying pans, baking trays, oven-safe dishes (depending on your cooking ability add more or less of these)
- plates & bowls
- mugs & glasses
- sharp knives
- kitchen utensils (mixing spoon, spatula, slotted spoon etc)
- cutting board, colander, mixing bowls
- dishcloths and towels
- cleaning supplies
- garbage bags
- oven mitts
- dish rack
- food storage containers
- kettle/coffee maker
- dining table & chairs
- bed frame & mattress
- bedside lamps
- under bed storage
- towels & bathmat
- shower curtain
- plunger (you never know)
- basic first aid kit (bandaids, antibiotic ointment, Tylenol etc)
- toiletries & hand soap
- cleaning supplies
- toothbrush holder
Living Room Essentials
- coffee table
- laundry detergent & stain remover
- clothes hamper
- foldable drying rack (saves money on the dryer and helps clothes to last longer)
- decorative pieces: artwork, books, throws, cushions (personality!)
- toilet paper
- can opener
- bottle opener (see below)
- something to celebrate the move with 🥂
Moving shouldn’t be stressful and the team at Trylon Montreal are here to help you at every stage. If you have any questions ahead of your move or would like to discuss renting one of our unique Montreal apartments, get in touch today.